The Department of ECE offers a B.E. program in Electronics and Communication Engineering and a M.E. Programme in Applied Electronics. The faculty team consists of experts from the industry and academia. The department is highly praised for its activities in the technical front, contributing highly towards the development of cutting edge technologies and professionals. While building a solid foundation of the fundamentals, the students are also exposed to emerging trends in the industry and are molded to be quality professionals of the future.
Electronics and Communication Engineering laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced software that enables the design of Embedded systems and Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) circuits.
Department is equipped industrial standard labs for Student development, industrial relationship and partnerships. Faculties and Students had undergone many industrial tie-up projects with the industries like UTL, Ampere Vehicles, Southern Railways, etc. for the benefit of Student and industrial growth. For the development of skill set , department running free skill training centre in tieup industries to give hands on experience.
Our students actively participate in organizing various events such as technical workshops through the IEEE, IETE chapter. Several faculty members and students are actively engaged in research and regularly publish their work in international journals and conferences.
The Department has also received a grant from AICTE and NSDC under the scheme PMKVY training. Many consultancy works also carried in department.
|S.No.||Name of Faculty||Designation|
|1||Prof. K. Geetha||Head of Department|
|2||Mr. S. Arul Raj||Assistant Professor|
|3||Mr. P. Rajesh||Assistant Professor|
|4||Mr. A. Athiraja||Assistant Professor|
|5||Mr. R. Nandhakumar||Assistant Professor|
|6||Mr. N. Arun prasath||Assistant Professor|
|7||Mr. K. Muthusamy||Assistant Professor|
|8||Ms. N. Hemalatha||Assistant Professor|
|9||Mr. R. Krishnaraj||Assistant Professor|
|10||Mr. R. NaveenKumar||Assistant Professor|
|11||Mrs. S. Hemalatha||Assistant Professor|
|12||Mrs. Jesse Francis||Assistant Professor|
|13||Mrs. D. Tamilselvi||Assistant Professor|
|14||Mrs. G. Deepa||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mr. G. Arunkumar||Associate Professor|
|16||Ms.T. Vanitha||Lab Instructor|
|17||Mrs. R. Gomathi||Lab Instructor|
|18||Ms. B. Divya||Lab Instructor|
|19||Ms. Sathyapriya||Lab Instructor|
Awards and Achievements
- Santhosh- IInd Prize in Paper Presentation at RVS Technical Campus, Coimbatore on 16.03.2016
- Sruthi- Ist Prize in Marketing at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology on 16.03.2016
- Santhosh & S.Vimala- Ist Prize in Technical Quiz at Kalaingar karunanithi Institute of technology on 02.04.2016
- Jemila, K.Rohini, N. Sathyadevi and M. Nagalakshmi- III rd Prize in Project Presentation at Rathinam Technical Campus on 01.02.2017
- M.Vaishakh-III rd Prize in Pencil Drawing at Rathinam Technical Campus on 01.02.2017
- Daniel Alexander and K.Gopnath- IInd Prize in College at Rathinam Technical Campus on 01.02.2017
- Rajalakshmi- Ist Prize in Circuit Cracker at Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore on 03.02.2017&04.02.2017
- Rajalakshmi- IInd Prize in Find out where we stand at Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore on 03.02.2017&04.02.2017
- Srikanth- Ist Prize in Body Building Championship at Nilgiri District on 19.02.2017.
- Srikanth- Ist Prize in Body Building Championship at Ooty on 26.02.2017
- Srikanth- Mr.Tamilnadu at Kalaingar karunanithi Institute of technology on 05.03.2017.
- Rajalakshmi-II EC B Student Project Idea Selected in Hackathon’17.
- Karthik 2018 Passed out student secured 26th University Rank.
- Srikanth participated in state level natural body building championship at Coimbatore and won second prize in Mr.Tamilnadu 2018.
- Surya participated in “IGNIS 2K18” at Coimbatore Institute of Technology and won second prize in paper presentation.
- Joshini won first prize Tamilnadu level and third prize in South India level in All India skill test (Fashion Technology).
- M.Vaisakh won third prize in Rathinam Flair Expo-2k18 for creativity model on 06.03.18.
- Chitra,N ,Kiruthika,B, Robinson,A& vetriselvan won first prize in Paper Presentation in national level technical symposium at PA College of Engg. & Tech, Pollachi on 31.08.2018.
- Surya,M, Balamurali.G, Kumaran.S, R Ashok Kumar.A, Aravinth Kumar.M R Jonna Florence.E, Kumaran.S, Rajalakshmi.T won various prizes in E Blast SLV in National level Symposium at Kings college of Engineering, Tanjore on 20.09.2018.
- Prasanth, V.Vijay won second prize in Kabbadi in Sri Krishna Aditiya college, Coimbatore on 03.10.2018 & 04.10.2018.
- Srikanth participated in Best Physique Event at AVC College ,Nagapatinam and won Fourth place on 04.11.2018.
- Sai Vaishnavi S, Vaishakh V.M, Nanthini, K Joanna Floraence E, G, Kumaran.S,Rajalakshmi.T, Ashok Kumar.A, Aravinth Kumar.M e exhibit their project at Science and Technology Festival at Codissia, Coimbatore on 06.01.19 & 07.01.2019.
- Jeniferruth, M.Swathy and A.G.Sudharsana has applied their idea “Agro Marketing” for Student Project Scheme of TNSCST with the Guidance of Prof.S.Arulraj. That project selected by TNSCST, Sanctioned Rs.10,000 for doing the Project.
- Sai Vaishnavi and V.Joshni selected for final round of “Brain Tech Solution” Will be held at IIT DELHI.
- Srikanth – IInd Prize in 65Kg “Body Building Competition” at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore on 16.08.2017.
- Srikanth – Won “Bronze Medal” ANNA University Zonal level meet held on 26.09.2017.
- Yogaprasanth, N.Karthik, S.Sai Vaishnavi and B.Kirthika won prizes in Texas Instruments DrishTI Online Content.
- Jemila, M.Shalini & A. Pavithra – Ist Prize in Project Presentation at Hindusthan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 24.08.2017.
- Rajalakshmi, E.Joanna Florance – Ist Prize in Circuit Debugging at Dhanish Ahmed Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 15.02.2018.
- Dhanya – III rd Prize in Dance Competition (HILARICAS) at Hindusthan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 14.02.2018.
- Rajalakshmi, S.Sai Vaishnavi, A.Nandhini & S.Naveen Kumar – Ist Prize in “HACKATHON” at Rathinam Technical Campus on 29.01.2017 & 30.07.2017.
- Ashok Kumar, G.Balamurali, M.Aravind Kumar & S.Kumaran – IInd Prize in “HACKATHON” at Rathinam Technical Campus on 29.01.2017 & 30.07.2017.
- Karthik – Ist Prize in Paper Presentation, T.Rajalakshmi – Ist Prize in Technical Quiz, V.M.Vaishakh, C. Mohammed Nowsath – Ist Prize in Circuit Debugging (ELECTROMEET 2K17) at Rathinam Technical Campus on 16.08.2017.
- Krishnaraj – III rd Prize in Photography Contest conducted by Visual Arts Club at Rathinam Technical Campus.
- Best Innovating Teacher Award – Mr.P.Rajesh,
- Best Motivating Teacher Award – Mr.S.Arul Raj,
- Best HoD Award – Mr.G.Arunkumar.
- K.Geetha , Prof.A.Athiraja, Prof.N.Arun Prasath& Prof.K.Kavitha received Momento from Texas Instruments for India Innovation challenge Design Contest 2018.
- Faculty have completed 7 Online Courses
- K.Geetha has received “Best Organizer Award” for DrishTI Online Contest from Texas Instruments.
Faculty attended the workshop and FDP:
- D. Yasar Arfath – “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Programme” at JYOTHI Institute of Technology, Bangalore from 17.07.2017 to 29.12.2017.
- A. Athiraja – “Microstrip Patch Antenna Design Using ADS Tool” at Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore on 01.09.2017.
- D. Yasar Arfath – “MSME Design Clinic” at ANNA University Coimbatore on 17.09.2017.
- K.Geetha & Mr.D.Yasar Arfath had attended the Interactive Workshop on Electric Mobility organized by technology development board and Ampere Vehicle Seminar on 06.10.2017.
- P. Arunprasath – “IOT and its Applications” at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology from 17-11-17 to 18-11-17.
- K.Muthusamy – “Design and Development of Feedback Controllers for Power Converters” at Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore from 26-11-17 to 28-11-17.
- S. Suresh Kumar – “Power system operation and control” at Janson Institute of Technology from 27-11-17 to 28-11-17.
- R. Nandha Kumar – “Digital Image Processing” at P.A.College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi from 29-11-17 to 30-11-17.
- P.Rajesh – “VLSI DESIGN -Coding level” at Excel College of Engineering and Technology from 06-12-17 to 13-12-17.
- K. Kavitha – “Electro Magnetic Fields” at Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore from 11-12-17 to 15-12-17.
- V. Vijay – “Electro Magnetic Fields” at Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore from 11-12-17 to 15-12-17.
- D. Yasar Arfath – “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Programme” at ANNA University Coimbatore from 13.12.2017 to 15.12.2017.
- M.Akila – “Embedded Product Development in Vehicle Electronics” at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology on 25.01.2018.
- A.Athiraja – “Embedded Product Development in Vehicle Electronics” at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology on 25.01.2018.
- K.Geetha – “Inclusive higher education in changing national Priorities” at PSGIM on 29.01.2018.
Faculty Publication (Journal / Conference)
- Arun kumar published a paper in Annexure I on the topic of “Optical localization and sizing FACTS devices with the aid of gray wolf optimization- gravitation search algorithm”.
- K. Kavitha, Mr.V.Vijay and Mr.K.Muthusamy has presented paper entitled “An Algorithm for hole healing with obstacks in wireless sensor” in the National Conference on computing and communication systems on 06.10.2017.
- N. ArunPrasath has presented paper entitled “An enhanced approach on home automation security using mobile devices” in the National Conference on computing and communication systems on 06.10.2017.
- K. Geetha and Mr.N.ArunPrasath has published Paper entitled “A Novel Approach on Home Security Using IOT” in IJSRD. (ISSN 2321 –0613, Volume 5, Issue 11, Jan 2018)
- A. Rajesh and Mr.K.Muthusamy has published paper entitled “LDO egulator using Comparator in 0.9µm CMOS Process” in IJSRD. (ISSN 2321 –0613, Volume 5, Issue 12, Feb 2018)
- A. Kavitha and Mr.V.Vijay has published paper entitled “Single axis Automatic solar tracking System” in ManTech Publications.
- A. Athiraja and Mr.S.Arulraj and E.Joanna Florence has published paper entitled “Robotic Arms in Industrial Applications” in Wisdom Interdisciplinary Society of Engineers.(ISSN 2439 – 316x, Volume 1, Issue 9, March 2018)
Workshops, FDP’s Conducted
- Training given for 26 final year students in Basics of Electronics by Steps Knowledge services (TI partners) from 23.7.18 to 25.7.18.
Training given for final year students in C programming by Prof.A.Athiraja on 20.09.2018.
MATLAB AND IT’S APPLICATIONS
Department of ECE has organized the workshop “Matlab and it’s Applications”. The Chief Guest of the Inaugration function is Mr. Muralitharan Palanisamy (Chief Technology Officer, AppViewX). The Resource Person of the Matlab Workshop is Prof. A. Athiraja, ECE Dept / RTC.
INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION
An industry connect meeting was held on 03.10.2017 .The Following industry experts attended this meeting
- Baskaran from S&T,
- Ramesh from Steps Knowledge Services(TI Partners)
- Sundra Moorthy from Sunshiv Electronics.
INDUSTRY CONNECT MEETIMG
Mr.D.Rajkumar, Project Manager, Siemens, Australia visited our campus and interacted with our ECE faculty members and visited our Texas innovation lab, Ilensys Lab on 22.11.2017.
NATIONAL POLLUTION CONTROL DAY
In the eve of World Pollution day, Competition conducted by Energy club (ECE Department) in the topic of Pollution less India for first year students….
COMPUTER EDUCATION DAY
Department of ECE Conducted Computer awareness program for school students on “World Computer Education Day”.
Department of ECE students has conducted Mathematics related Quiz, Seminar for School Students (Andipalayam) on Mathematics Day (22.12.2017).
In the eve of “Bharathiyar Birthday” Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering faculty members conducted Quiz Competition for Railway Mixed School (CBSC) at Podanu.
ENERGY CONSERVATION DAY
On behalf of “Energy Conservation Day” Department of ECE, ENERGY CLUB has conducted seminar related to Energy Conservation. The chief guest is Er. N. Senram, Assistant Executive Engineer, TNEB – Coimbatore.
Participation in STTP / Workshops / Seminars etc
|S.No||Date||Event name||Resource person||Participants|
|1||42565||Seminar on Embedded system and Real time Applications.||Mr.N.Ashraf, Embedded Developer, Global Institute of Industry Training and Research, Coimbatore.||90|
|2||42572||Seminar on VLSI design||Mr.G.Ananth, VLSI Design Developer, Propulsion Technologies, Coimbatore||90|
|3||42579||Seminar on Recent Trends in Cloud Computing||Mr.Sabarinathan, executive-Business Development, Poras Technologies, Coimbatore.||90|
|4||42593||Seminar on Embedded system Design||Mr.Sadik Ali K M & Mr.Ponraj S, Embedded Design Engineers, AZETECH solution, Coimbatore.||90|
|5||42607||Seminar on VLSI Design and Applications of Embedded system||Mr.Sundar T, VLSI project Engineer, Pantech ProED pvt Ltd, Chennai||90|
|6||42614||Seminar on implementation of Verilog coding in FPGA||Mr.Vinoth L, RTL Design Engineer, Caliber Embedded Technologies India Pvt.Ltd, Coimbatore.||90|
|7||42744||Seminar on MATRI YOSI||Mr.Baldev Krishnan, A2B2 solutions, Banglore||90|
|8||42744||Guest lecturer on IOT||Mr.Baldev Krishnan, A2B2 solutions, Banglore||13|
|9||42769||Guest lecturer on CMOS VLSI Design||Mr.Vinoth L, RTL Design Engineer, Caliber Embedded Technologies India Pvt.Ltd, Coimbatore.||13|
|10||42782||Seminar on Embedded Applications||UTL technologies, Coimbatore.||90|
SEMINAR ON VLSI
Department of ECE has conducted Seminar on VLSI for Third year Students. Resource Person : Er.L.Vinoth, VLSI design Engineer, Caliber Embedded Systems, Coimbatore.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Final year students Manju Manohar, Jenifer Ruth, Sudharrsana and swathy have completed their project at S&T Workshop. Demo was shown to Mr.Bhaskaran Sir (Chief Workshop Manager, S&T Workshop, Podanur).
Department of ECE Third year students doing Project work at S&T Workshop, Podanur.
- The Project entitled “Wiring validation using IOT” was done by A. Ashika Banu, K.Nandhini, S.Nirmala, S.Fathimabibi and M.Kavitha with the Guidance of K.Geetha at S&T Workshop, Podanur.
- The Project entitled “Hazardous waste management system” was done by T.Rajalakshmi, S.Sai Vaishnavi and E.Joanna Florance with the Guidance of K.Geetha at S&T Workshop, Podanur.
- The Project entitled “Automatic Furnace temperature control” was done by W.Jeniferruth, M.Swathy, G.Sudharsana and Manju Manohar with the Guidance of Mr.V.Vijay at S&T Workshop, Podanur.
- The Project entitled “PA system validation at S&T” was done by S.Gowtham, Ashok Kumar and M.Surya with the Guidance of Mr.P.Mayilsamy at S&T Workshop, Podanur.
- The Project entitled “Wireless charging of LED light” is in progress by M.Tamizharasan, N.Karthik, C.Yogaprasanth and S.Kavitha with the Guidance of Mr.K.Muthusamy at S&T Workshop, Podanur.
Industry Visits Organized:
- S&T Workshop, Coimbatore.
- Vasantha Advanced Systems, Coimbatore
- Sunshiv Electronics, Coimbatore.
- Sidco Sub Station, TNEB – Coimbatore.
- MAS Solar System – Coimbatore.
- Department of ECE second year students went to Industrial visit at TNEB SIDCO Sub
Station on 28.12.2017. Mr.Sivakumar, AE/TNEB delivered lecture related to Power Station.
National Level Technical Symposium EXODIA 2K18 organised by Department of ECE (RTC). The Chief Guest of the Inauguration function is Mr.Bhaskaran (Chief Workshop Manager, S&T Workshop, Podanur). The Chief Guest of the Valedictory function is Mr.V.Shanmugam (Senior R&D Engineer, ABB Global industries pvt.Ltd). Total Number of Participants 379. Number of Colleges participated in two days Symposium – 60.
TO APPLY FOR THE PREFERRED COURSE