|S. No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification|
|1||Dr. P. KRISHNAKUMAR||Professors||Ph.D|
|2||Mr. M. CLEMENT||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|3||Mr. N. SELLAKANNU||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|4||Mr. M. CHANDRU||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|5||Mrs. D. INDHIRANI||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|6||Mrs. ROSE SHAJI AUGUSTINE||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|7||Mr. M. VIJAYAKUMAR||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|8||Mr. M. ATHIPATHY||Assistant Professors||M.E.|
|S. No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification|
|1||Ms. GOKILA RAMU||Lab Instructors||B.E|
|2||Mr. T. ANANDARAJ||Lab Instructors||B.E|
|3||Ms. N. MASILAMANI||Lab Instructors||B.Sc.|
- The Students of Civil Engineering department had surveyed the Kuruchi Lake under Kuruchi Kulam Savers an (NGO) using Total Station and had submitted the Contour map of the same.
- A project on Partial replacement of Natural Course aggregate with Bakelite waste in Cement Concrete had been successfully completed by Ms.Sneha.K.M, Ms. Rohini. & Mr. K Srimurugan under the guidance of Mr. M. Clement, for S&T Workshop, Podanur during February 2018.
- Experimental studies were conducted on Partial replacement of Natural fine aggregate by waste thermo setting & thermo plastics in Cement Concrete by Mr. S. Karthick Kanthan, Mr. S. Thangapandi under the guidance of Mr. M. Boopathi for S&T Workshop, Podanur during February 2018.
- S. Antony Jeyandran, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering department had received a grant of Rs.20000/- under DST NIMAT Scheme from EDII for the conduct of Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp.
Awards and achievements
- L. Hari Hara Sudan and Mr. P. Arumugam of II year Civil Engineering had won 1st place in the Model making event in TEXPERIA’19, A National level Technical Symposium organized by SNS College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Vijay S from II year Civil Engineering department had participated in the event KUMITE and won “THIRD PRICE” in 28th Coimbatore District Karate Championship.
- G. Ganesh of Final year Civil had represented Tamil Nadu Futsal Team in National Futsal Championship which was held during March 2019 at Maharashtra.
- Subash of final year Civil Engineering had won the first prize and a cash award of Rs. 5000/- for his art work from MIND VISION and SAARAL DE ADDICTION HOSPITAL Coimbatore during Oct 2018
- The Civil Engineering students had secured the “Best Project Award” for the Smart City Project and had received the award from Dr. K. Vijayakarthikeyan IAS, Commissioner, Coimbatore Corporation.
- The students had also secured the “Best Commitment Award” for the Smart city – Toilet first project.
- Department of Civil Engineering has successfully initiated a Start-up project for production of Paver Blocks and Kerb Stones and the unit is under operation since then.
Industry Institute Interaction
- Civil Engineering department had done consultancy jobs worth Rs. 15000/- towards Cube testing for PVR constructions, Coimbatore.
- An MOU has been signed with Irrigation Management Training Institute (Water Resource department, P.W.D, Govt. of Tamilnadu), Trichy on 18th Dec 2017 for training faculty and students of RTC.
Workshops FDP’S conducted
- Organized one week FDP on Instructional Design & Delivery System by NITTTR, Chennai for all the faculty members of RTC during July 2018.
Books/ papers Published
- A research paper titled “Experimental Investigation on the Structural Properties of Cement Concrete made with Crumb Rubber Powder Cement Slurry Coated Coarse Aggregates’ had been published by Mr. M. Clement and Dr. P. Krishnakumar.
- Krishnakumar and Mr. V.Yogeshwaran had jointly published a research paper on “Hydro Geochemical Study of Kinathukkadavu Taluk, Coimbatore Integrated with Geographical Information System”
- Two research papers on the replacement of Coarse and Fine Aggregates had been published by Mr. M. Clement and Mr. M. Boopathi upon the Successful completion of the projects of S & T workshop, Podanur.
- Krishnakumar. P, Lakshumanan.C, Viveganandan. S, Jonathan. M.P and Muthukumar. S (2011) had jointly published a research paper on “Change detection studies in coastal Zone features of Nagapattinam,Tamilnadu by Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System”, International Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol.2(1), pp 201-209.
- Krishnakumar. P, Santhiya. G, Lakshumanan. C, Jonathan. M.P, Roy. P.D, Navarrete Lopez. M. Srinivasalu. S and Uma Maheswari. B (2011) had jointly published a research paper on “Metal Enrichment in Beach Sediments from Chennai Metropolis, SE coast of India”, Marine Pollution Bulletin. Vol.62, pp 2537-2542. Impact factor: 3.153
- P, Muthukumar. S, Lakshumanan.C, Santhiya.G and Viveganandan. S (2011), had jointly published a research paper on “Assessment of water quality in Trichy City, Tamil Nadu, India”, International Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol.1 (7), pp 1841-1855
- P, Lakshumanan. C, Viveganandan. S and Jonathan. M.P (2012) had jointly published a research paper on “Mangrove Distribution and Morphology Changes in the Mullipallam Creek, South Eastern Coast of India, International Journal of Conservation Science, Vol.3(1), pp 51-60.
- Krishnakumar. P, Lakshumanan.C, Pradeep Kishore. V, Viveganandan.S, and Muthusankar.G, (2013), had jointly published a research paper on “Landuse/Land cover dynamics study in Nilgiris district, Part of Western Ghats, Tamilnadu, International Journal of Geomatics and Geosciences, Vol.2(3), pp 911-923.
- Krishnakumar. P, Lakshumanan. C, Jonathan. M.P, Sundararajan. M, Navarrete- Lopez M, had jointly published a research paper on “Trace metal in Beach sediments of Velanganni coast, South India: Application of autoclave leach method”, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s12517-013-0956-8, Impact factor: 0.74
- Krishnakumar. P, Lakshumanan. C, Pradeep Kishore. V, Sundararajan. M, Santhiya. G, and Chidambaram. S, had jointly published a research paper on “Assessment of ground water quality in and around Vedaraniyam, South India”, Journal of Environmental Earth Sciences. DOI 10.1007/s12665-013-2626-2. Impact factor: 1.445
- P, Lakshumanan. C and Viveganandan. S (2009), had jointly published a research paper on “Irrigation Suitability of Water in Cuddalore Area, Tamil Nadu” The Indian Geographical Journal, vol. 83(1), pp 51-60.
- P, Viveganandan. S and Lakshumanan. C (2009), had jointly published a research paper on “Coastal Landuse and Morphological changes in Ennore Creek using Remote Sensing and GIS, Tamilnadu, South coast of India” Journal of Water and Land-use Management, vol. 9(2),pp163-175
- Yogeshwaran (2017), had published a research paper on Removal of Hexavalent Chromium using different natural Adsorbents – a review (2017), Removal of Hexavalent Chromium using different natural Adsorbents – a review, Journal of Chromatography and Separation Techniques.
- Surendran & M. Boopathi (2017), had jointly published a research paper on Mechanical Properties of Polypropylene fiber rein forced self-curing Concrete, Journal of research in Civil & Architectural Engineering.
- Sheik Mohamed Anas & J.Srisindhu (2017), had jointly published a research paper on An Experimental Study on Bacterial Concrete, Int. Jour. for Research in Applied Science & Eng. Technology (UGC approved).
- Sheik Mohamed Anas & J.Srisindhu (2017), had jointly published a research paper on Experimental investigations on properties of concrete with paper sludge as self-curing agent, Int. Jour. for Research in Applied Science & Eng. Technology.
- Yogeshwaran (2017), had published a research paper on Removal of Hexavalent Chromium by Adsorption Using Natural Wastes, Advances in Recycling & Waste Management.
- Yogeshwaran & P.Krishnakumar (2017), had jointly published a research paper on Hydro Chemical Study of Ground water in Madukkarai Taluk, Coimbatore – Integrated with GIS, International Conference in Sustainable Practices in Civil Engineering.
- Yogeshwaran (2017), had published a research paper on Investigation of Treatment of Distillery Spent wash using Sequential Batch Reactor, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering Science.
- Yogeshwaran (2017), had jointly published a research paper on Dynamic Analysis of three dimensional soil column model using OPEN SEES, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering Science.
- Boopathi, J.Srisindhu & V.Yogeshwaran (2017), had jointly published a research paper on Experimental study on Distortional Buckling strength of the cold formed steel columns with inward lip, Journal of Scientific Research & Education.
- Yogeshwaran (2016), Numerical Study to Evaluate the soil strength during seismic loading, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT).
Participation in STTP/ Workshops/ Seminars etc.,
- D.Surendran Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering department had attended a National Level Short term course on “Advanced Geotechnical Engineering – Theory and Practices” at NIT, Trichy during 27th Nov to 01st Dec 17.
- D.Indhirani, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering department had participated in the Four week Faculty Induction Programme (Version III) conducted by Teaching Learning Centre, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore under PMMMNMTT scheme, Department of Higher Education, MHRD, GOI from 13th May to 09th June, 2019
- The testing and inspection of concrete and concrete aggregates are important elements in obtaining quality construction.
- The laboratory allows students to test and assess the various fresh and hardened concrete properties that may affect the performance of concrete members.
- There are many apparatus and machines available at the concrete technology lab like Sieve Shaker, Compressive testing machine, Flexure Testing Machine, Compaction Factor Apparatus, Heat of Hydration apparatus, Permeability apparatus etc.
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory in Civil engineering is useful for the determination of Engineering and physical properties of soil.
- The Engineering properties include compressibility, permeability, and consolidation, shear strength and bearing capacity of soil, whereas the physical properties include gravity, density, moisture, consistency limits and shrinkage limits.
- This laboratory is well furnished with new and modern facilities and equipment’s for soil experiments and soil investigation. This course curriculum helps the students gain practical knowledge about the theoretical concepts studied in Geotechnical Engineering.
- This lab provides a way to determine the various parameters related to fluid flow in pipes and in open channels.
- In this lab, the characteristics of pumps and turbines are also studied.
- This lab work involves determining the viscosity and mass density of fluids. friction factor, minor loss coefficients, and coefficient of discharge of constriction meters, characteristics of flow profiles and hydraulic jump and characteristics of pumps and turbines and verification of momentum theorem are thereby studied and experimented in the lab.
- In this laboratory, measurements of distances using chain and tape, bearing of lines using compass, reduced levels and contours using level, Total station etc. are determined. The experiments include determination; use of modern equipment like total station will be demonstrated.
- This laboratory course will help the students to understand the theoretical concepts learned in the course surveying.
- The surveying laboratory familiarizes the students surveying equipment’s. Surveying Drawings are plotted and then designed using CAD tools.
- The Environmental Engineering laboratory practical provides good insight into different experimental methods relevant to Environmental Engineering.
- In this lab, various tests on drinking water and sewage samples to check pH value, total dissolved solids, BOD and COD, total suspended particles etc. as per BIS standard.
- It helps to assess the water quality standard of the region, pollution load in sewage and working efficiency of sewage and other water treatment unit.
INNOVATIVE TEACHING PRACTICES IN OUR DEPARTMENT
- Guest Lectures from Industry
- Video Lectures on individual subject using NPTEL
- Industrial Internship provided for students