Rathinam College of Arts and Science has formed a Faculty Development Cell with an aim and objective to promote faculty vitality as the main ingredient to the growth of the institute, enhance professional education and competence.
Rathinam College of Arts and Science strongly believes that faculty members are the backbone of our Institution. Faculty development Cell aims at equipping the staff with knowledge that is essential for inculcating core and professional skills which is vital to the development and improvement of the institution. The immediate beneficiary of this kind of program is the student community.
- To organize Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) Courses on advanced topics for all disciplines.
- To strengthen the professional competence of the faculty by arranging training programs in various domain areas.
- To enhance induction programs for new faculty and leadership grooming for experienced faculty.
- To encourage staff to be members of various professional bodies.
- Members of the staff are encouraged to refer to reputed national and international journals to carry out their research work.
- In association with the college research committee, to encourage staff to learn how to write Grant proposals for R & D projects.
- To motivate & inspire staff members to get funded R & D projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consolidate adequate information from the concerned authorities to conduct FDP / Training Program on the latest trends and technology.
- Discuss & analyze the information with department HoDs, faculty members about FDP, relevance, objective, applications, future scope, etc.
- Suggest appropriate domain/topic on which program to be conducted.
- Plan the program date, schedule, target audience, approximate estimation of expenditure, and resource persons.
- Forward the proposal for consideration, Suggestion, and approval from Deans, IQAC Coordinator, and Principal.
- Prepare the final schedule, brochures, list of resource persons, contact details, correspondence to all concerned.
- Submit the report to higher authorities along with all concerned documents in sequence from the date of start to completion of the program.
- Prepare the final report.
Constitution of the Faculty Development Cell
- The Faculty Development cell of Rathinam College of Arts and Science will work under the guidance of the Principal. Senior Faculty appointed by the Principal will be the coordinator of the cell. Two or three senior faculty members will be members of the cell, nominated by the Principal. The Faculty Development Cell shall be responsible for handling all issues related to training of the teaching, non-teaching and technical staff in the area of their core, technical and teaching pedagogy.
Frequency of Meetings:
- Starting of every academic year first meeting will be conducted to discuss the activities to be conducted in that academic year.
- At the end of the semester, the meeting will be conducted to review all the activities and action plans for next semester.
- We may conduct the meetings as and when required.