M.Com Commerce - Stands for Master of Commerce. M.Com is a two year postgraduate degree, eligibility for which is an undergraduate degree in any discipline .
The objective of M.Com Course is to impart professional education and training in various aspects of business and its environment and provide them with opportunities to develop analytical skills in order to meet the challenges of business at the national and global level. The course aims to sharpen skills in finance and enables to examine financial decisions critically based on strong financial literacy. The course provides a well balanced toolbox, helping a candidate to combine tools, techniques and professional judgment on cutting edge topics. The course provides a mixed pedagogy associating practical cases and experience by providing new dimensions to the finance topics.
Programme Expected Outcome
- Enables to understand and use practical tools of finance required in decision making.
- Develops understanding of how financial markets work in practice and how to use it in a professional environment.
- The course aims at developing skills to do a thorough analysis of financial statements and use them as basis for financial decision making.
- The course provides hands on, practical approach to understand, analyze, and duly compare published financial statements in the light of various accounting norms in force.
- The course also aims at developing key foundations of finance, the valuation principles and schemes in general, the understanding of the requirement of return with risk, valuation of various asset classes’ projects, etc.
- An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally (Speaking / Writing skills).
- A Knowledge of contemporary issues (Social awareness).
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for managerial practice (Practical managerial analysis skills).
- An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (Team work).
- An ability to develop a systematic understanding of globalization and its impact on people, businesses and the economy.
- An ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in management (Successful career and immediate employment).
Students can pursue commerce and learn skills that will help them to pursue various administration and companies roles. The Career Opportunities in various aspects are:
• IT Sector
No. of Year(s): 2 Years
No. of Semester(s): 4 Semesters
No. of Project(s): 1 Project per Student