M.Sc. Information Technology
Department of Information Technology
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1: To prepare student graduates for a successful career with effective communication skills, teamwork skills and work with values that meet the diversified needs of industry, academia and research.
- PEO-2: To train students in comprehending, analyzing, designing and creating novel products and technologies that provide solution frameworks to real world problems.
- PEO-3: To promote awareness among student graduates towards issues of social relevance and introduce them to professional ethics and practice.
- PEO-4: To inculcate in student graduates the ability to gain multidisciplinary knowledge through projects and industrial training, providing a sustainable competitive edge in R&D and meeting industry needs.
- PEO-5: To develop self-learning ability in graduates by inculcating the philosophy to continuously learn, innovate and contribute to creation of new knowledge for the benefit of the society at large.
- PEO-6: To inculcate in graduates the qualities of leadership for technology innovation and entrepreneurship
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO 1: An ability to apply knowledge of theoretical foundations and formal methods in Information technology.
- PO 2: An ability to analyze a problem, to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based System, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- PO 3:An understanding of professionalism, ethics, security and social issues with responsibilities and how these are related to the local and the global impact of computing on Individuals, Organizations, and the Society.
- PO 4: Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- PO 5: Recognition of the need for ability to engage in life-long learning.
- PO 6: An ability to function with the multi-disciplinary teams.
- PO 7: Project management techniques and teamwork is necessary for successful system designs and Implementations with the effective use of communication kills which is necessary to prepare technical reports and presentations.
- PO 8: Ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies of information related management, programming, networking, web systems, and technologies.
- PO 9: Students will be able to demonstrate the use of modern tools, software, and to analyze.
- PO 10: An understanding of Professional and Ethical Responsibility.