M.Sc. Data Science & Business Analysis
Overview of the CourseThe field of Data Science and Business Analysis is an extremely demanding one because of the continuous and rapid development of new technologies and applications. Consequently, the unique challenge for the department is to keep abreast of these rapid changes in the industry. The department makes every effort to keep pace with the fast paced industry in order to enhance the competency and employability of the students.
It is a unique 2 years PG programme specially designed for Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics background students. The curriculum and the syllabi are carefully designed starting with the fundamentals of computer science and gradually upgrading with core and electives relating to software systems in line with industry / research requirements, molding the students as Competent data science professionals.
PO (Programme Outcome)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PEO (Programme Expected Outcome)
- Graduates shall be professionals with expertise in the fields of Software Engineering, Networking, Data Mining and Cloud computing and shall undertake Software Development, Teaching and Research.
- Graduates will analyze problems, design solutions and develop programs with sound Domain Knowledge.
- Graduates shall have professional ethics, team spirit, life-long learning, good oral and written communication skills and adopt corporate culture, core values and leadership skills.