Department of Computer Science
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: To prepare graduates who will be successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms.
- PEO 1: To prepare graduates who will contribute to society as broadly educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise.
- PEO 1: To prepare graduates who will achieve peer-recognition; as an individual or in a team; through demonstration of good analytical, design and implementation skills.
- PEO 1: To prepare graduates who will thrive to pursue life-long learning to fulfill their goals.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO 1: An ability to select modern computing tools and techniques and use them with dexterity
- PO 2: An ability to design a computing system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability
- PO 3: An ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed conclusions
- PO 4: An ability to understand the impact of system solutions in a contemporary, global, economical, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development
- PO 5: An ability to function professionally with ethical responsibility as an individual as well as in multidisciplinary teams with positive attitude
- PO 6: An ability to communicate effectively
- PO 7: An ability to appreciate the importance of goal setting and to recognize the need for life-long learning