The primary goal of the computer labs is to provide assistance to students that will enhance their chances of succeeding in technology-based learning and to provide access to equipment that will support the needs of instruction to accomplish their assigned task. The computer labs support the curriculum of the college, to surf the course related content and to complete the assignments of the instructors. To ensure a conducive technological approach for productivity, the computer labs strive to create a "learner-friendly" environment for the students.
Being an industry embracing campus, we have high-end sophisticated labs. This will give working experience for students right while they are learning. From the core labs, science labs till communication labs, everything is housed inside with all advanced facilities.Labs are integral part of an academic institution and in Rathinam,we are strongly committed to providing world class infrastructure of labs so that we can create ideal environment for a student to understand the practical part of concepts.
No of Labs
Labs are integral part of an academic institution and in Rathinam, we are strongly committed to providing world class infrastructure of labs so that we can create ideal environment for a student to understand the practical part of concepts. To fulfill the needs of the students and to develop their technical skills the following are the labs available in the institution. Totally 21 Labs to serve the needs of the students.
|Department of Computer Science||C & C++ Lab|
Web Technology Lab
Open Source Lab
Application & System Software Lab
|Computer Labs - 5|
|Department of Costume Design and Fashion|
Computer Aided Designing Lab
|Department of Visual Communication|
Department of Commerce & Commerce
with Computer Applications
Web Technology Lab
|Department of Management||SPSS Lab|
|Department of English||Communication Lab|
|Department of Physics||Physics Lab|
Types of Labs for each Department and Sever Facilities
Costume Design and Fashion department provides an educative environment for the students with different kinds of labs such as sewing lab, drafting lab, testing lab, and Computer Aided Designing Lab. There are different types of machines like pedal machines, power machines, embroidery machines, etc for the students to sew their ideas into garments. Our testing lab consists of various machines and facilities which provides an exposure about the industrial knowledge to the students in a practical manner. With the help of Computer Aided Designing Lab, using textile designing software the students create designs and makes it real.
The department has 5 laboratories with 300 high configured computers. Computers are configured with INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.83 GHZ processor, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD and LCD Monitor & Intel I3 Processor 3 GHz Processor, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD and LCD Monitor. All the systems are connected by network. 60 Mbps Internet bandwidth is available. The network has an web server for Enterprise Resource Planning – College Management System - Asset Management - Ticketing System for Maintenance, Tally Server, Terminal Server for Thin-Computing, Antivirus Server, a mail server and two domain servers. Our lab is equipped with totally ten laser printers. The power backup facility is provided with a 100 KVA UPS. The laboratories are operational with specialized software packages, like Borland C++, ORACLE 9i, ORACLE 10g, JAVA and Microsoft products and IBM Rational Suite Architect. We have signed for a Campus agreement with Oracle Academy to get the Oracle products of updated versions. 5 Computer Labs with 60 High configuration computer systems in each lab with high internet speed connection with latest softwares. High configured Data center to control and maintain all the computer labs.
- Pentium D 915[2.8 GHz, 800Mhz, 2*2 MB Full Speed L2Cache], 2 GB RAM, 1 TB SATA HDD, 15" TFT Monitor, 1000 Mbps Ethernet, DVD RW Drive, Keyboard & Optical Mouse - 3 Servers
- Intel Xeon Processor[3.16 GHz, 800Mhz, 2*2 MB Full Speed L2Cache], 8 GB RAM, 1 TB SATA HDD, 15" TFT Monitor, 1000 Mbps Ethernet, DVD RW Drive, Keyboard & Optical Mouse - 3 Server
- Intel Xeon Processor[3.16 GHz, 800Mhz, 2*2 MB Full Speed L2Cache], 12 GB RAM, 2 TB SATA HDD, 15" TFT Monitor, 1000 Mbps Ethernet, DVD RW Drive, Keyboard & Optical Mouse - 1 Server
- A world class full-fledged high roof multi camera studio
- Audio Video edit suits with original I Mac system
- Graphic workstation with original 3D & Animation software
- Professional Audio Recoding Sound Booth
- Rathinavani 90.8 CR Radio is run by the department of Visual Communication.
- Multimedia lab with high configured network computers with server backup, Smart class room, Mini Theater
- Professional HD recording Video cameras
- Digital SLR cameras
- Heavy flood lights for television shooting
- Digital white board
- Overhead projects
- 3D Projection televisions
- Public Address system
- Digital Podiums
- Multimedia unit and photocopying machines
- Visual communication studio with green mat technology.
- Edit suit with 5 Apple Mac Systems
- Designing Lab with latest designing softwares.