Information Related To Visa
Visit Ministry of External Affairs website for the most updated information and towards any complications and hassles.
- International students who wish to study in India should obtain a Student Visa before travelling to India.
- Once the student has been issued a confirmed admission letter to study at the Institution / College, he/she should immediately apply for Student Visa.
- International students taking admission at Rathinam Group of Institutions should make sure that the Student Visa is endorsed to Rathinam Group of Institutions by the visa issuing authority.
- A request for change of Institution or institution subsequently made cannot be considered. In this case you would be required to go back to your home country and apply for a new visa.
- Also, if you have entered India on basis of documents provided by the Institution then it is your responsibility to ensure that you directly join and report to the Institution. The Visa endorsed on the name of the Institution or obtained on the basis of Institution documents cannot be used for any other purpose like employment , admission to any other University/college/institute/academy etc or for nonregular (distance/online) mode of education.
- After reaching the Institution students have to get the visa verified by the Institution and have to deposit a copy of the valid visa
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that throughout his/her study period student is on valid visa.
- In case the initial visa is not endorsed for the complete duration of the programme or student has to extend the stay because he/she is not able to complete the programme in the stipulated time then the student should apply for the extension of the visa before visa expires.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that visa should be applied well in advance and time. It generally takes 3-8 weeks to get the Indian Visa thus it is advisable to apply for the visa accordingly and consult the Indian High Commission/Embassy if required.
- Students joining the Institution after the prescribed time period may be denied admission.
FAQ’s regarding Indian Student Visa
- If you are on Government of India scholarships, the respective Indian High Commission / Embassy would be advised by Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) to issue a regular Student Visa after your admission in an Indian Institution/University is confirmed.
- If you are admitting as a self-financing student, you need to produce confirmed letters of admission from universities or recognized colleges and institutions in India for obtaining the regular Student Visa.
- If you are coming as a research student, synopsis of the research project countersigned by the sponsoring institution in India along with letter of approval and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned Ministries in India should be submitted for necessary visa.
Note: Processing of applications for research may take about three months
No extension of Provisional Student Visa is permitted.
- Passport valid for a minimum of six months beyond the date of intended departure from India should accompany the visa application.
- Students holding other nationalities (other than the country where applying for visa), should submit proof of long-term (at least three years)/ permanent residence in the country (where applying).
- For citizen of other countries, a reference has to be made to their country of residence for which an additional fee is applicable and will involve extra processing time. Please refrain from making inquiries about the status of application during this time.
The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of Visa Extension:
- Visa Extension form
- 1 Recent passport size photographs
- Bonafide certificate from College/Institution/University (In original)
- Copy of passport/VISA/Registration Book
- Proof of residence
- Passport and Registration Book in original RATHINAM GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS helps in extension of visa of the students who have already been studying in RATHINAM GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS Campus
- Visa fee is charged once at the time of issuance of Student Visa for completion of the course or for 5 years whichever is less.
- In case of ‘Provisional Student Visa’ when a student seeks regular admission in any college/Institution then onetime fee is charged which is valid for the duration of the course or for 5 years whichever is less.
- If the visa is issued for a period less than the duration of the course, then the visa would be extended by the concerned authorities without charging any additional fees.
Disclaimer: Information provided here is based on data/information available on various public domains. It is the student’s responsibility to comply with all Visa or all other formalaties as defined by government from time to time. Thus it is advised to visit Ministry of External Affairs website for the most updated information and towards any complications and hassels.