Course Overview B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
degree program is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills for building competence in a particular area of business. It imparts candidates with knowledge in accounting principles, export and import laws, economic policies and other aspects which impact trade and business. B.Com. degree holder is fit to work in any corporate organization or be self-employed. B.Com. graduates possess a variety of skills like accounting, tally, human resource management etc.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates of the programme will continue to develop wide spectrum of managerial skills along with competency building qualities in specific areas of business studies.
- PEO 2: Graduates of the programme will continue to develop exercising Professional skills, values, team spirit, and high leadership and to accept the challenges in the Industry and Academics.
- PEO 3: Graduates of the programme will continue to develop Excel in contemporary knowledge of business and developing inclination towards lifelong learning
- PEO 4: The programme will have successful career in all Accounting and Finance and can pursue higher education and research.
B.Com Course, students have career Opportunities in various aspects such as:
- Business Consultant
- Budget Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Finance Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Chief Financial Officer
- Cost Estimator
This Course offers core, allied, skilled and practical Papers. Equal weight age is given to Theory and Practical. The students have to complete one Project for the core subject at the end of the semester. At the end of each year, the student has to undergo an internship in a company to gain real time industry exposure. Subjects offered:
- Fundamentals of Accountancy - I
- Business Organization and Office Management
- Fundamentals of Accountancy - II
- Principles of Marketing
- Cost Accounting
- Investment Management
- Principles of Management
- Computer Applications Practical-I (MS-Office & Tally I)
- Corporate Accounting-I
- Executive Business Communication
- Banking Theory
- Computer Applications Practical -II ( Tally II)
- Corporate Accounting - II
- Income Tax Law & Practice
- Principles of Auditing
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Management Accounting
- Project and Viva-voce
- Computer Applications Practical – III (Online Accounting & SPSS)
Infrastructure & facilities
The department has a separate lab with 60 computers for the students to gain knowledge on Ms-Office, Tally and SPSS. The class rooms are enable with LCD and wifi facilities which helps the staff members in effective teaching.
In order to expose the students to the real world professional problems, challenges and work environment seminars, Guest lectures, field and industrial visits are organized. Students are encouraged to take up mini projects and industrial training in industries in and around India and abroad.