B.Sc. Visual Communication
Vision and Mission
- Enhance creative talent of the students
- Create skilled creators in the various forms media Industry
- To build strong media professionals
To prepare the student to become a successful media personality in technical wise as well as knowledge wise as they are the pillars of tomorrow’s society
Programme Expected Outcome (PEO)
- To be best in various technical skill, for their effective development
- To create the creators of next generation
- To Exhibit their talent in all aspects and give them a platform to achieve their goals.
- To make student Understand, engage in all social, economic and cultural ideologies
- Technical Teaching deliverance to make student to give an work atmosphere
Programme Outcome (PO)
- Student with best Technical outcome
- Student with Media Entrepreneur skills
- Students well versed in Graphic designing, Animation, Editing, etc.
- Students with best Photography and Videography knowledge
Department ProfileThe media department is one of the reputed department in Rathinam college of arts and science. It offers both UG and PG courses. Bsc Visual communication & E-Media was started in the year 2004 and later in 2006 Master in Journalism and Mass Communication was started.
Its reputation has been steadily enhanced over the years through the hardwork of the teaching community, with the dedication to teaching learning process. The learning is involved in training the student to reach high standards in media education.
The department of visual communication provides intensive mentoring to our students in a wide variety forums, The viscom department also provides training on Script writing, Documentary, Film making, Photography, Animation and Graphics. Department also organizes various guest lectures, Photo exhibition, Film festivals, workshop, Seminars, debates and literary activities throughout the academic year to enhance students creativity.
A world class full-fledged High Roof Multi-camera studio, Audio lab, Edit Suit with professional Mac systems, Separate Graphic work station with professional Animation Software, Rathinavani Community Radio station which is also upgraded into online Radio Station, Smart Class Room etc. you can feel a complete professional media training and set up atmosphere inside the department.
CoursesUnder Graduate Courses
- B.Sc. Visual Communication & e-media
- Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication
Course OverviewB.Sc (Visual Communication & E-media) is an undergraduate course. The 3-year degree program provides a fundamental education in Visual Communication and in Media Development process. This course typically allows students to specialize in one of multiple concentration areas such as in visual medium, Photography, E- media, Graphic Designing and prepares students to successfully work in a International media concern
Career OpportunitiesB.Sc Visual Communication & E-media Course, have a wide range of career Opportunities in various aspects:
- Television Industry
- Advertising Industry
- Content Writing
Program StructureDepartment of Visual Communication & E-media in weight age of a course in the curriculum. Practical and classroom session are well planned, students are required to prepare for the assigned case, go through the assigned readings and work on exercises and assignments, among others. Subsequent to the class session, students are required to review and reflect on the session and prepare for the components of assessment.
Practicing Training:B.Sc Visual Communication & E-media Course, have a wide range of career Opportunities in various aspects:
- Short film making
- Ad film making
• Elective Courses offered:
- Event Management
- Printing Technology
- Screen Play
Department InfrastructureThe department has built in with excellent studio for training purpose
- Audio Video Sound Proof laboratory
- Graphic work station
- Green Matte studio
- Wi-Fi connectivity and Smart Class Room
- Radio Station
- High-end cameras
- Edit Suit
- Conducting various workshops on Script writing, Documentary, Film making,
- Guest lecture in Animation and Graphics
- Photo exhibition
- Film festivals
- Workshop, Seminars, Debates
- Cultural Activities etc