Vision and Mission
VisionThe Department of Psychology has been committed to the deliver the quality education and knowledge in psychology. This department endeavours to prepare the students for their professional contribution in the dynamic, diverse and ever-growing field of psychology. It also orient the students to provide the quality professional services to our community.
MissionThe Department of Psychology provides an energetic learning environment at the undergraduate level. Importance is given to improve the student’s skills and attutide that need to be competent and socially sensitive. The department promises to incorporate the knowledge in the following aspects
- Theoritical background of psychology
- Various branches of psychology such as Clinical Psychology, Counselling, Child Development, Bio-psychology and Human Resource Management.
- Application of psychology through internships.
- Research knowledge in field of psychology
Program Educational Objective (PEO)
Technical ProficiencyProfessional training for students to gain counseling skills and various psychological assessments.
Professional GrowthProducing the next generation of leaders in research, in teaching, and in the applications of psychology.
Management SkillsSharing our knowledge and expertise, applying it to the improvement of mental wellbeing, and collaborating both locally and globally with researchers, our community, and policy makers.
Programme Outcome (PO)At the end of the program, the students will be able to
- Manage their self and maintain positive relationship with others.
- Acquire the basic knowledge of psychology.
- Use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry and a scientific approach to address issues related to behavior and mental processes.
- Conduct the research in the field of psychology
- Apply the gained knowledge in the practical setting.
- Enable them to choose their interested sub field of psychology for higher studies.
Department ProfileThe Department of Psychology began its journey with an Under Graduate Course in 2016. Interactive teaching methodologies like lectures, seminars, assignments, guest lectures, internships and field visits are adopted to enliven the classroom atmosphere. Special care is administrated to Tamil medium students to boost their confidence. Regular tutor - ward sessions yield healthy relationships between staff and students.
FacultyThe Department is proud of its versatile and inspiring staff members who take the pride of serving the cause of education, the nobility of its goal of uplifting the down - trodden and its unparalleled art of molding clay into gold in academics with a tender touch. The staff members constantly enhance their knowledge by attending International / National Seminars, Workshops, Conferences and Refresher Courses. They also share their knowledge and expertise with other Institutions through Guest Lectures and consultancy services.
- Incessant showers of success of the students makes the department unique with over all pass percentage ranging between 90 - 100%
- To bring about diversity and flexibility in the UG Degree courses the skill based subject is chosen such that it prepares the students for competitive examinations.
- Hands - on Training in software packages – SPSS is provided
- Class rooms are equipped with LCD projectors
- B. Sc Psychology
Infrastructure & Facilities
- 60 Desktop Computers with Internet facility.
- Dual Operating Systems (Windows and Linux).
- SPSS courses.
Communication LabCommunication skill development lab
LibraryLibrary working days : Monday to Saturday (except 2nd & 4th Saturday)
Library working hours : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Resources:- : Inflibnet, DEL net
Collection of Books : 1500+
Journals : 30
Thesis : 56