Course OverviewB.Sc Psychology course provides a quality professional knowledge to the students in the field of psychology. This course also focuses on theoretical approaches, the fundamentals of psychological research and practical application of the same through periodical internships. Apart from any other course this course is also helpful for the students for their self management and to maintain a better social relationship using psychological applications in day to day life.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Understand the reason behind the behavior of an individual under various situations.
- PEO2: Understand the need to provide psychological assistance to people by conducting awareness programmes and camps
- PEO 3: Clarify the misconceptions on psychological problems by creating social awareness
- PEO 4: Make use of the appropriate assessments to find out the maladjustments in the Human Behavior
Career OpportunitesThere are wide ranges of career opportunity for psychology graduates after completion of the course. B.Sc Psychology is an entry level course for the below mentioned fields.
- Clinical psychologists
- School psychologists
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Forensic psychologist
- Industrial-organizational psychologist
- Social workers
Program StructureCore, Allied and Skill Based Papers
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Biological Basis of behavior
- Educational Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Psychological statistics
- Research Methodology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Organizational Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Psychological Testing & Assessment
Infrastructure & Facilities
- 60 Desktop Computers with Internet facility.
- Dual Operating Systems (Windows and Linux).
- SPSS courses.
Communication LabCommunication skill development lab
LibraryLibrary working days : Monday to Saturday (except 2nd & 4th Saturday)
Library working hours : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Resources:- : Inflibnet, DEL net
Collection of Books : 1500+
Journals : 30
Thesis : 56