B.Sc. Information Technology
Course ObjectiveB.Sc. Information Technology (IT) is an amalgamation of core and professional knowledge and skills courses in the area of Information Technology.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates of the programme with a solid foundation in fundamentals of Programs.
- PEO 2: Graduates of the programme to analyze and solve real life problems.
- PEO 3: Inculcate professional and ethical attitude and good communication skills among students.
- PEO 4: Develop social awareness among students.
- PEO 5: To promote awareness among student graduates towards issues of social relevance and introduce them to professional ethics and practice.
Career OpportunitiesThe students are best suited for jobs in web/application development, networking, and graphical designing. The students will be employable in all functional areas of IT such as developer, application software's requirement management, quality assurance, and process analysis
Program StructureB.Sc. Information Technology offers core, allied, skilled and practical courses. Equal weightage is given to Theory and Practical. For all the subjects, the students have to undergo an online certification course either in NPTEL or Spoken Tutorial or Courseera.
Core, Allied & Skilled Subjects offered:
- Problem Solving using C
- Java Programming
- Data Structures
- PC & Mobile Hardware Trouble Shooting
- Numerical Methods
- Web Technology
- Database and SQL/PLSQL
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Windows Programming
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Entrepreneurship for IT
- Android App Development
- Software Engineering
- Information and Cyber Security
- Data Analytics
- Computer Networks & Security
- Cloud Infrastructures
InfrastructureFor the students of B.Sc. Information Technology, to improve their programming skills and enhance their software development skills a computer lab with 60 machines of High Configuration is available. The computer Lab is fully air-conditioned. Also the students shall utilize the following laboratory for the skill enhancement.
- C & C++ Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Java Lab
- Open Source Lab
- Application & System Software Lab
- Industry persons are invited to the Guest Lecture Programs.
- Industrial Visits to IT companies.
- Internship to the IT Companies at the end of each semester.
- Placement Assessment Tests.
- Seminars / Workshops