B.Sc. Information Technology
AboutThis course offers a sound education in all aspects of computing and information technology for students who intend to make a career in the profession, as well as providing a pathway to honors’, postgraduate study or a research career.
This course adopts a practice-based approach to IT education and the course content is a mix of theory and practice. As well as gaining strong technical skills in IT, students gain skills in business analysis, problem solving, teamwork and communication. Employers look for graduates with industry experience and, in this course, students are exposed to real IT problems.
Vision and MissionOur mission is to educate students who can meet the challenges of century information age; conduct leading-edge research integrating people, information and technology; and carry out service activities that address global problems and challenges.
Department ProfileThe department was started in 2001 and it has grown excellently in academic and research work. At present, the department offers four undergraduate degree and two postgraduate degree programs and Research Programme (M.Phil). In undergraduate programs Computer science, Computer Applications, Information Technology and Computer Technology are offered. Under the postgraduate, Computer Science and Information Technology are offered. Department offers an outstanding opportunity for a budding professional to polish their skills and outperform their competitors. The department is equipped with state of the art computing and internet facilities (10 Mbps). The department has well-experienced faculty members with excellent knowledge in IT. More than 70% of the students have been placed in reputed in IT companies through placement cell.
PEO & PO (Programme Expected Outcome & Programme Outcome)
- Utilize and implement hardware and software technologies that provide computing solutions to address the needs of an organization.
- Identify various needs within the organization and provide solution using computing technologies.
- Apply basic cultural, social, legal, and ethical practices inherent in the discipline of computing.
- Engage in life-long learning to adapt to innovations and change in order to be successful.
Under Graduate Courses
- B.Sc. Information Technology
Post Graduate Courses
- M.Sc. Information Technology
Infrastructure & facilities
- ICICI Academy for skills is functioning inside the campus and it provides more than 5 courses at free of cost to the students.
- Classrooms are spacious equipped with centralized AC creates a relaxed environment to learn. Digital Projectors, audio systems are added advantages in few classrooms.
- Multimedia projectors are used to make learning more absorbing and comprehensive. Simulated teaching software is the ’in thing’ for visualized form of concepts helps better development of application oriented skills among students.
- Rathinam is more than just a typical college. It has a new idea in education that takes the concept to a higher stratum. It’s an experience that no other educational institution in this category can offer. It’s all about life in its various dimensions – Learning, Working and Living. That is Rathinam with a difference. What the college offers has an impact on all aspects of life, in which learning is just one aspect.
- Safe transport facility is available in and around Coimbatore. And also college buses are available from Udumalpet, Annamalai, Tirupur and covers the other outer areas of Coimbatore.
- Being an industry embracing campus, we have high-end sophisticated labs. This will give working experience for students right while they are learning. From the core labs, science labs till communication labs, everything is housed inside with all advanced facilities.Labs are integral part of an academic institution and in Rathinam,we are strongly committed to providing world class infrastructure of labs so that we can create ideal environment for a student to understand the practical part of concepts.
Activities of Career Guidance and Placement CellVarious activities carried out by this Placement and Training Cell is
- Conducting Career guidance, counseling and motivational programmers
- Finding an apt training organization/institute to carry out the required training process and making the student industry ready.
- Conducting regular Soft Skill training programmers and several aptitude and skill testing evaluations
- Interactive sessions on communicative English
- Interaction with companies, organizations and consultants
- Arranging on-campus interviews, Job Fairs frequently