B.Sc. Costume Design and Fashion
- Consciousness and application of design principles
- Apparel construction through applied design outgrowth, from idea generation to attainment
- Develop an endowment of fashion marketing and the importance of branding
- Fulfillment venture to attain the fashion events
- Enrich creative skills via a sub-major from Design stream and the other creative self restraint.
Program Education Objectives (PEOs)At the end of the B. SC Costume Design and Fashion will be able to
- PEO 1: Adapt their artistic abilities to support their future design careers.
- PEO 2: Assess, propose, and apply various techniques related to drafting, draping and constructing of garments.
- PEO 3: Develop a systematic, critical approach to problem solving at all levels of the design process.
- PEO 4: Relate the design process to the appropriate manufacturing process.
- PEO 5: Demonstrate professionalism by managing time to meet deadlines with quality work and effectively collaborating in teams.
- PEO 6: Research and relate fashion design to a broader socio economic, historical and environmental context.
- PEO 7: Articulate design ideas verbally, visually and digitally.
- Fashion designer
- Technical designer
- Fashion illustrator
- Wardrobe consultant
- Costume designer
- Accessories designer
- Product developer
- Fashion Photographer
Garment Construction Laboratory
The Garment Construction lab has more than 40 commercial machines to handle everything from fine fabrics to leather and denim, and dress forms in various sizes. This is the space that empowers you to design, prototype, source, manufacture, photo documentation area, bring to market, and actually sell your original apparel. From concept to finished garment the fashion lab studio will support student’s creation of their completed work.
Pattern making and drafting laboratory
This lab is well equipped tables and stools that are needed for Drafting.
This laboratory is equipped with dummies for draping. It has four men, four women and two children dummies to drape in various styles.
Textile Testing LaboratoryThis laboratory is equipped with latest testing Equipments. It has
- Wrap reel
- Twist Tester
- Beesley's Balance
- Quadrant Balance
- Projection Micro Scope
- Loop Length Tester
Textile processing LaboratoryThis laboratory is rich in textile chemistry study. Aspects of textile processing, printing, dyeing & testing go with full sewing here. It has
- Dye bath
- Electronic balance
- Padding table
The Fashion CAD Laboratory trains the students in enhancing their creativity in fashion designing with the help of software like Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and TUKA CAD for pattern making, grading and lay planning.
- Our lab is equipped with various types of machines like 25 Pedal machines, 17 Power Machines, 1 over lock machine and 2 fashionmakers.
- There are a male mannequin, female mannequin and two kid’s mannequins.
- There are different types of dress forms like male, female and kids for our students to learn the techniques of draping.
- There are 10 drafting tables for students for drafting patterns
Testing LabOur testing lab is equipped with
- Wrap Reel
- Beesley Balance
- 2 Dye Baths
- Crockmeter and
- Twist Tester to test the fabric and yarn qualities
We conduct a special event called Fashionista – Intercollegiate meet, a platform for our students to showcase their talents. Budding fashion designers from various colleges participate in this event. Students present their collection in the fashion show and the best collection is awarded cash prizes and trophies. This event would also attract brand sponsors like LEE, Naturals which would provide placement opportunity to the young designers.