B.Sc. Computer Technology
Course OverviewBachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Computer Technology provides enough knowledge to students to handle both hardware and software. This course deals with computer specific part of Information Technology. The course provide a knowledge on the theoretical foundations of information and computation and their implementation and application in computer systems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Begin booming computing careers in industry that will contribute to the profitable development of the country.
- PEO 2: Apply systematic design, and execution to formulate and to innovatively solve computing, and interdisciplinary problems.
- PEO 3: Recognize various needs within the organization and offer solution using computing technologies.
Career OpportunitiesThe graduates of B.Sc. CT have great opportunities to enter into the IT fields as Programmers, Network Administrators and System Analysts. They have wide opportunity to pursue their higher studies like M.Sc. MCA. MBA. etc.
Program StructureB.Sc. Computer Techology offers core, allied, skilled and practical courses. Equal weightage is given to Theory and Practical. At the end of each year, the student has to undergo an intership in IT company to gain real time industry exposure. Student have to submit a Mini-Project at the end of fourth semester and in the final year a Major-Project during sixth semester. Project shall be done either individual or Group project. The project provides a platform for the students to equip their leadership skills, team building, team coordination.
Core, Allied & Skilled Subjects offered:
- Problem Solving using C
- Java Programming
- Data Structures
- PC & Mobile Hardware Trouble Shooting
- Numerical Methods
- Web Technology
- Database and SQL/PLSQL
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Windows Programming
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Entrepreneurship for IT
- Android App Development
- Software Engineering
- Information and Cyber Security
- Data Analytics
- Computer Networks & Security
- Cloud Infrastructures
InfrastructureFor the students of B.Sc. Computer Technology, to improve their programming skills and enhance their software development skills a computer lab with 60 machines of recent Configuration is available. The computer Lab is fully air-conditioned. Also the students shall utilize the following laboratory for their skill enhancement.
- C & C++ Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Java Lab
- Open Source Lab
- Application & System Software Lab
- Guest Lecture programs are conducted.
- Industrial Visits
- Internship / Industrial Training
- Placement Assessment Tests.
- Seminars / Workshop