B.Sc. Computer Science
Course OverviewBachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Computer Science to educate the next generation of technical professionals in the skills and knowledge-base necessary to create and manage the technology-base enterprises that will provide future economic growth and improve the standard of living.
This program is designed to promote high achievement in theoretical and practical education within the field of Computer Science and to address the growing computer education demands for professionals with a solid Computer Science education.
The main objectives of the B.Sc. degree in Computer Science are to provide a technically-oriented scientific undergraduate education for individuals who are motivated to build their computer science skills and education, and to prepare students for higher graduate studies.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates of this programme will establish as effective professionals by learning technical skills for the computing field and can pursue higher education by accruing knowledge and research.
- PEO 2: Graduates of the programme will continue to learn and adopt latest technologies to solve real life problems.
- PEO 3: Graduates of the programme will continue to develop and update their knowledge and skills throughout their career.
- PEO 4: Graduates of the Computer Science programme will have a sufficient understanding of the field of computer science including scientific principles, analysis techniques, and design methodologies
Career OpportunitiesAt the end of this course, student can join any of the following PG courses M.Sc. (C.S), MCA, MBA, MIB, MSW etc. After successful completion of this degree, they may be employed as Executives in EDP, System Executives, Software Engineers, System Programmers in software industries.
Program StructureB.Sc. Computer Science offers core, allied, skilled and practical courses. Equal weightage is given to Theory and Practical. The students has to complete one mini-Project for the core subject in each semester. At the end of each year, the student has to undergo an intership in IT company to gain real time industry exposure.
Core, Allied & Skilled Subjects offered:
- Problem Solving using C
- Java Programming
- Data Structures
- PC & Mobile Hardware Trouble Shooting
- Numerical Methods
- Web Technology
- Database and SQL/PLSQL
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Windows Programming
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Entrepreneurship for IT
- Android App Development
- Software Engineering
- Information and Cyber Security
- Data Analytics
- Computer Networks & Security
- Cloud Infrastructures
InfrastructureFor the students of B.Sc. Computer Science, to improve their programming skills and enhance their software development skills a computer lab with 60 machines of High Configuration is available. The computer Lab is fully air-conditioned. Also the students shall utilize the following laboratory for the skill enhancement.
- C & C++ Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Java Lab
- Open Source Lab
- Application & System Software Lab
- Guest Lecture programs are conducted.
- Industrial Visits
- Internship / Industrial Training
- Placement Training and Assessment Tests using OLT
- Seminars / Workshop