Vision and Mission
- Prepare each student to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
- We empower students to take ownership and responsibility for their present and future learning by developing their academic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and technological skills.
Programme Expected Outcome (PEO)
- Excel in verbal, written and technological skills for effective communication.
- Think critically, research, analyze, investigate effectively, draw conclusions, and make wise choices.
- Achieve and display competencies that will enable them to pursue the college and career goals.
- Understand, engage, challenge or support the current social, economic and cultural ideologies.
- Teaching practical content to use in their everyday lives.
Programme Outcome (PO)
- Communication Skills displaying effective oral and written communication
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Students well versed in Technological Skill ( Ms-Office, Excel ,Visual Basic, Tally )
Department ProfileThe Department of Commerce, has been serving for the last 17 years. The Department is providing several streams of Commerce courses at both undergraduate and post graduate levels. The syllabus was revised and new courses are added according to industry needs so as to make students industry – ready. The Department achieved excellent placements for Commerce students through its own placement cell. The Department is quick in responding positively to the industry requests for MOUs with ACCA, ISDC, TCS ,iStar etc.
- We have achieved 100% result every year and give equal importance to Placement Programs as well. Our students were placed in Top most Company in India.
- Programmes offered B.Com(PA)
Course OverviewB.Com (PA) Bachelor of Commerce with professional accounting is an undergraduate course. It is a 3-year degree program which provides a fundamental education in commerce and business principles. This course typically allows students to specialize in one of multiple concentration areas for Accounting, Marketing, and Finance. B.Com (PA) program prepares students to successfully work within large or small concerns.
Our B.Com (PA) Curriculum provides Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing and Management Accounting. Students securing an aggregate minimum of 60% of the total marks are exempted from qualifying Common Proficiency Test (CPT) vide Notification No. 1-CA(7)/145/2012 dated August 1, 2012 can join the Intermediate (IPC) Course.
Career OpportunitiesB.Com. (CA) Course, students can pursue commerce and computer education and learn skills that will help them to pursue various administration and companies roles. The Career Opportunities in various aspects are:
- IT Sector
- Civil Service Exam
Rathinam college of Arts & Science uses the concept of credit to define the weightage of a course in the curriculum. Preparation for the classroom entails preparation both before and after the class. Prior to the classroom session, students are required to prepare for the assigned case, go through the assigned readings and work on exercises and assignments, among others. Subsequent to the class session, students are required to review and reflect on the session, and prepare for the components of assessment.
Our faculties apply the practical way of teaching which helps the students to get through Civil Service Exams as well. They can apply that in,
- Practicing for Banking Sector Exam.
- Doing IntershipTrainning.
- Developing the skills to do their Projects.
In the programme the following types of courses are offered
- Core courses are compulsory for all students and Elective courses are chosen by the students. The student has to take the electives over the terms.
The industry project is a multifaceted, capstone project that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for students. The industry project nurtures critical thinking and develops research, analytical, planning and goal-setting skills that can facilitate the participants’ successful transition from the classroom to taking up challenging professional assignments. Participants are urged to pick out a challenging problem for investigation either in their affiliate organization or in the industry their affiliate organization operates in. The project demands an interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving, requiring participants to synthesize and integrate knowledge and learning different subject areas or domains of knowledge. The project also encourages participants to connect their projects to contemporary issues or problems in organizations, thereby integrating their classroom learning with professional experiences and scientific observations.
Foreign Degree / Collaboration
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is signed with Brooks University, London, UK.
Infrastructure & facilities
Computer LabThe Innovations lab located in Main Building provides the opportunity to enhance the learning through the use of microcomputers. The lab is staffed with personnel ready to assist users. Students must register with the attendance at the front desk in order to be assigned to the appropriate computer.
LibraryOur Department Library consists of a good collection of books on Business and Economics, Legal and Legislations, Accounting books with Multi volume sets and other professional books which help the students in Civil Service and other professional exams.
MoUB.Com Embedded with ACCA, ISDC, B.Com (BPS) tie up with TCS, I-Star for Skill Enhancement Training.
ACE ( Association of Commerce Experts) - Association Activity.
Programs organized - Mora than 60 Guest Lectures were organized to expose the students to the real world Professional challenges and Problems.
- International conference
- Inter collegiate meet
Students AchievementsA dream become a goal when action is taken toward is achievement. Our Students Won Prizes in Intercollegiate Competitions, Presented papers in Conferences and won Cash prizes, Not only in academics our students also won in South Zone Kabadi, first prize in Weight Lifting and Throw ball.
PlacementThere is a Placement Officer who specifically takes care of placement and training. The Placement Officer is assisted by Staff Coordinators from various departments to communicate the students about the interview schedules. A regular class on Career Skill Enhancement is held to build the skills in Aptitude, Communication, General Knowledge, Group Discussion etc., which helps the students to crack the interviews. The college conducts both on campus and off campus interviews to get the students placed in the companies of their choice. Placement Profiles of the final year students are also prepared to be distributed to the prospective companies.
Resource Persons are called regularly to conduct Seminars and Symposiums on Career Guidance to train the students in developing interview skills. Some of the companies that offered placement for our students are TCS, INFOSYS, CTS, ICICI, Bright Star, Home Credit India, Eurovigil.
Efforts are made to tie up with major industries to place our students automatically into their firms.
Alumni1454 students were graduated from Department of Commerce. The Alumni association of Rathinam Institution provides invaluable support and helps the students to stay connected even after graduation.
Our Prominent alumni
- Archana - Employee in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- Sandhya - Employee in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- Indhumathi - Employee in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- Vadivel – Department of Police, Tamil Nadu.