Course OverviewThis course is designed to enable the students to acquire advanced knowledge in subjects of the courses of Chartered Accountancy. This course will enable the students to pursue their CA/ICWA course simultaneously with B.Com (PA). It is a 3-year degree program which provides a fundamental education in commerce and business principles. This course typically allows students to specialize in one of multiple concentration areas for Accounting and Finance.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates of the programme will continue to work in a company where the business is continuously expanding with growth prospects.
- PEO2: The programme would help to develop Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and subsequently complete articleship, which enables to go for final CA.
- PEO3: The programme will continue to demonstrate professional expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision making support and professional ethics with the employees.
- PEO4: Graduates of the programme will be able to work in the field of accounting, taxation, financial analyst in various corporate and accounting firms.
Career OpportunitiesThere are wider career opportunities such as:-
- Professional Accounting Manager
- Auditing Manager
- Professional Accounting Associate
- Chief Professional Accounting Officer
- Forensic Professional Accounting
Program StructureThis Course offers core, allied, skilled and practical Papers. Equal weight age is given to Theory and Practical. The students have to complete one Project for the core subject at the end of the semester. At the end of each year, the student has to undergo an internship programme to an auditor’s firm to gain the real time knowledge on auditing and other related works.
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Accountancy
- Cost Accounting
- Company Law
- Managerial Economics
- Mercantile Law
- Corporate Accounting - I
- Direct Tax I
- Principles of Auditing
- Financial Management
- Corporate Accounting – II
- Direct Tax II
Infrastructure & facilities:Computer Lab
The department has a separate lab with 120 computers for the students to gain hands on knowledge in Ms-Office, Tally and SPSS. The class rooms are enabled with LCD and Wi-Fi facilities which enable effective teaching.