B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course that involves an advanced study of the concepts and processes of corporate governance, with a particular focus on the areas of secretarial practices and company laws. The course’s curriculum consists of components of study such as corporate management practices, investment management, and economic legislation.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1 : Graduates of the programme will continue business professional who can work in different job functions across a wide spectrum of industries successful entrepreneurs and finance professionals in the field of Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing industries.
- PEO2: Graduates of the programme to meet the demands of globalisation through research activities to develop the business analytical skills to manage to manage the different aspects of an internal and external business.
- PEO3: Graduates of the programme will domain knowledge for a successful career with effective communication skills, teamwork, leadership qualities and work with value.
- PEO4 : Graduates of the course would have multidisciplinary knowledge through projects and industrial training and providing a sustainable competitive edge in meeting the industry needs
The graduates of this background are required in organizations that are run by councils, boards or other corporate organizations in implementing the decision of boards of directions, handling share transactions, liaising with auditors, lawyers, tax payers and shareholders. It ensures compliance obligations under relevant laws and satisfies the requirements of regulatory authorities are met (e.g. Stock Exchanges). The Career Opportunities in various aspects are:
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- Corporate Credit Analyst
- Finance and Administrative Head
- Corporate Sales Officer
- Corporate Development Head
- Export Manager
B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) offers the following Subjects such as:-
- Business Communication
- Financial Markets
- Corporate Accounting I
- Corporate Accounting II
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Company Law
- Financial Management
- Cost Accounting
- Commercial Laws
- Tax Laws
- Computer Fundamentals
- Environmental Science