B.Com (Computer Applications)
Course OverviewB.Com (Computer Applications) program not only have the subjects of Commerce, but also have the software technology for their professional requirements. The course bridging commerce and computer applications helps them to become smart and employable. Training in Computer Applications in the field of commerce is an extra mileage in placements. It has an innovative modern curriculum.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)Students graduating from the Bachelor of Commerce with Computer Application will be able to:-
- PEO 1: Become successful, qualified, innovative and productive in fulfilling the needs of the Industry, Government and Commerce.
- PEO 2: Pursue Higher Education and Research in their chosen field of Marketing, Finance, Operational, Systems and HR.
- PEO 3: Model, design, implement and verify a computing system to meet specified requirements while considering real-world constraints.
- PEO 4: Grow professionally with their knowledge and proficient in skills throughout their career.
- PEO 5: Develop academically competent and professionally motivated personnel, equipped with objective, critical thinking, right moral and ethical values that compassionately foster scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.
Career OpportunitiesB.Com. (CA) Course, students have career Opportunities in various aspects are:
- Computer Application specialist and Account Assistant
- Clerk cum computer Operator
- IT Sector
- Promotions and advertising
- Business Consultant
Program StructureThis Course offers core, allied, skilled and practical Papers. Equal weight age is given to Theory and Practical. The students have to complete one Project for the core subject at the end of the semester. At the end of each year, the student has to undergo an internship in a company to gain real time industry exposure.
- Fundamental of Accountancy - I
- Fundamental of Computers
- Computer Applications: Practical - I (Ms Office)
- Fundamental of Accountancy - II
- Computer Applications Practical - II(TALLY - I)
- Human Resource Management
- Principles and Practices of Cost Accounting
- Internet Web Designing
- Computer Applications Practical - III (Tally II)
- Management Accounting
- Executive Business Communication
- Computer Applications Practical - IV (Online Accounting System - Quick Books)
- Corporate Accounting
- Income Tax Law and Practices
- Microsoft Excel with VBA(THEORY)
- Computer Applications Practical - V (VBA)
- Computer Application Practical VI - SPSS
- Project and Viva-voce
Infrastructure & facilities
Computer LabThe Computer lab provides the opportunity to enhance the learning through the use of computers. The department has a separate lab with 120 computers for the students to gain knowledge on computers.
LibraryOur Department Library consists of a good collection of books on Business and Economics, Legal and Legislations, Accounting books with Multi volume sets and other professional books which help the students in Civil Service and other professional exams.
- ACE (Association of Commerce Experts) - Association Activity.
- Organizing International Conference, Workshop and Value added Course
- Guest lectures, field and industrial visits are organized.
- Web based learning
- Practical assignments
- Case study and presentations