Course OverviewB.Com (BPS) Bachelor of Commerce with Business Process Sources is an undergraduate course. It is a 3-year degree program which is designed exclusively for the students to enlighten their minds towards Business Process Services. This degree would meet the demand of graduates who could be self-employed or to get into jobs of business process organizations. The course is innovative in nature and it was started by having an MOU with TCS along with Bharathiar University. This course would equip students to work in any core commerce industry. TCS provides excellent Job Opportunity for the students.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Learn to optimize business processes through Dynamic Work Design, a set of principles and methods for achieving sustainable improvement efforts of any scale, in process/service industry, and in any function with the help of five main domains of TCS.
This program is delivered in collaboration with TCS.
- PEO1: Graduates will be gainfully employed in careers where they will continue to build upon their knowledge, using modern tools for the design, and improvement of products, processes and new technologies.
- PEO2: Graduates will be effective in working in teams of diverse professionals of varied technical or business positions.
- PEO3: Graduates will be able to effectively communicate in written and oral forms.
- PEO4: Graduates will engage in lifelong learning activities with a commitment to continuous improvement in their professional and personal lives.
- PEO5: Graduates will exercise an understanding of ethical and social responsibilities in their professional lives and community service.
For B.Com (BPS), the program material issued by TCS Tata Consultancy Services is followed. The students are engaged with theoretical sessions, practical sessions, students are required to prepare for on the spot practical assignment case and go through the assigned readings and work on exercises and assignments, Students seminar as a power point presentation, apart from this department organises SDP program for students in.
- Practicing for Banking Sector Exam
- Doing Internship Training
- Developing the skills to do their Projects.
- Entrepreneurial skill development
- Training for Competitive Exams
- Special coaching for communication skills
Career OpportunitiesBusiness Process Services (BPS) industry is a sunrise sector with its growth rate being phenomenal.
Students undergoing this programme will develop requisite conceptual and application skills for this industry.
After the completion of this degree programme, employability is promising in the BPS industry in managing business process services such as;
- Financial Services
- Insurance Industries
- Healthcare etc.
Infrastructure & facilities
Computer LabThe department has state of art lab facilities which enhance the learning through the use of microcomputers. Students are given the practical knowledge on Microsoft Applications and Tally.
MoUB.Com (BPS) course is a tie up with TCS and with I-Star for Skill Enhancement Training.
ActivitiesThe department organises various programs and events such as;
- International conference
- Industry Training for Students and Staff
- Surprise test - Book test - Mock Interviews
- Aptitude classes for students by Infosys
- Faculty development for staffs by TCS
- Inter collegiate meet
- I-star- Skill development training in Retail Banking
- Industrial visits to reputed companies to acquire more details on enhancing the managerial capability